Pages

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Guest -Homemaker in Heels

Hey there, Friends and Running With Glitter readers! My name is Crystal and I am the author of Homemaker in Heels.



   I just ADORE Kelly's fabulous blog and I am absolutely tickled pink to be here today! Thank you so much for having me, Kelly!  At Homemaker in Heels, I share the many ways I am turning my house into a home, one crafty decorating project at a time (while wearing the cutest shoes possible ;)). I love finding new ways to create home decor without spending a whole lot of money. My favorite projects are those that I can create for free!
   Today I am going to show you how to make your very own Starburst (Sunburst) Mirror using toilet paper rolls and a little dollar store mirror. 

   Materials Used:
Small Mirror ($1 at the dollar store)
Toilet paper rolls (about 5) and Paper Towel Rolls (2)
Hot Glue Gun
White Spray Paint

   First, I flattened my toilet paper roll lengthwise. Then I cut these into approximately 1/2 inch strips (across).
I used my hot glue gun to glue pieces of the toilet paper roll together, see picture below. The process of creating this "frame" around the mirror is pretty self-explanatory.



   I used my mirror as a guide, gluing the cardboard pieces together as I went around. Just be sure you don't glue the cardboard to the mirror just yet. That will be your very last step. Continue to glue your cardboard pieces until your starburst frame reaches the size you desire.




 After I finished my pattern, I simply applied a couple of coats of white spray paint. Once the paint was dry, I "stretched" the frame to fit around the mirror and used my hot glue gun to to attach it.



To hang my new mirror, I used the tab from a coke can. I just glued it to the back of the mirror!


I hope you like my thrifty new mirror! I am very pleased with the results! And it only cost me $1, ya'll, $1! I want to make one in every color now! :) 




  I hope I have inspired you just a little. :) Feel free to stop by Homemaker in Heels and say hello any time at all! I absolutely love meeting new people and making new friends! :) I hope you all have a wonderful day!







Thank you for sharing such a great project!!!!! You are awesome!!!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...